Primary Election 8-2-22
Things to remember:
- Polls are open from 7am - 8pm
- Vote in ONE PARTY SECTION ONLY
- You CANNOT "SPLIT" YOUR TICKET
- DO NOT vote for more candidates than indicated under each office title
- Write-In votes for a candidate will only be counted if the candidate filed the proper paperwork prior to this election
- There are five (5) proposals on the ballot so make sure to check both sides of the ballot when voting
- For North Star, we have our Road Millage RENEWAL and the GESA millage proposal for Fire Protection which if passed, will REPLACE our current Fire Millage already in place.
- Proposal information is available on this page for your reference
- Proposal Information
To become a registered voter you must:
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be 18 years of age by the next election date
- Be a resident of the Township 30 days prior to the election
- You must also re-register to vote whenever you move to a new city or township
Am I Registered to Vote?
If your status does not show as registred, please fill out the Voter Registration form.
Mail your voter registration form to:
North Star Township Clerk
3064 S. Crapo Rd.
Ithaca MI 48847
Once you register, you will receive a Voter I.D. card stating the exact location of our polling location:
North Star Township Hall
2840 E. Buchanan Rd.
Ithaca MI 48847
(Map link below at bottom of page)
Due to the passage of the statewide ballot proposal 18-3 in November of 2018, all eligible and registered voters in Michigan may now request an absent voter ballot without providing a reason.
To obtain an absentee ballot you must submit a written request or application to the Clerk’s Office for every election you want to vote by absentee. The written request or application must contain a signature of the registered voter. Election law does not allow for anyone other than the registered voter to sign the written request or application.
At that time, you may also request to be placed on North Star Township’s permanent AV list to automatically receive an application for every election.
CLERK’S OFFICE WEEKEND HOURS TO ISSUE ABSENTEE BALLOTS
The North Star Township Clerk’s office will be open for in-person voter registration and absentee ballot requests on the Saturday before an election from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm.
Voters registering to vote within 14 days of an election will be required to provide proof of residency.
Voters requesting an AV ballot application in person are required to comply with the picture identification requirement.
Call the North Star Township Clerk’s office @ (989) 875-3352 with any questions.